Thursday, November 17, 2005

Going new places in faith

What does transformation in Christ look like for those who've been walking with him for a long time? Here's Rusty Peterman's perspective, based on Luke 5:36-39:
Could it be that anything labeled in my life like "the past" or "the way it's always been done" or "the way I've always thought" is fair game for Jesus to touch and change in some new way?

Am I letting Jesus take me through new places in my walk with Him, being careful not to take another path just because it seems safer, easier, and more familiar?

What doctrines, beliefs, and practices do I have that I need to let Jesus replace with new wineskins and fill with new wine?

I've been a Christian for decades. But I'm more open to Jesus--what He's up to in me and around me and through me--more open than I've ever been.
Rusty is no latest-new-thing sort of guy, and I find his words refreshing. They're a reminder that Jesus doesn't want us to stand still, or simply to "remain faithful." Instead, "we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being changed into his likeness from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:18).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home