Monday, January 30, 2006

Template changes

Until today the "Friends and Favorites" section of this blog hadn't been updated in months. For quite a while I'd been agonizing over how best to update the F&F section to keep it current and accurate. The problem was that as soon as I formulated a top-25 list, I realized there were more folks who ought to be on the list.

So I've done away with the list altogether, which, I'm convinced, is not a cop-out at all. The problem with having a favorites list is that it creates an insider-outsider dichotomy which I really don't hold to. In fact, my favorite blogs are not the ones on some list, but the ones I regularly read, quote, and comment on. Where applicable, I've moved the links from the F&F section to the Reciprocal Links. It's not only your links I've moved down on the page; the vanity section of TS's blog awards has been moved down the page even further.

To each of you formerly on my F&Fs list: please understand that I'm doing more than simply linking to your blog. I'm reading it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Michael Russell said...

Milton:

I don't know that I've ever paid attention to lists of links in sidebars: I have the blogs I read and, unless there's a link in a post on one of those blogs, I don't go looking for more. Besides, some lists are so indiscriminate that they resemble phone books, not personal favorites.

I have no problem with you're decision, and not only because it's your blog and you have the freedom to do whatever you deem best. You've always been so good at linking to others in your posts that (to be honest) I never knew you had a list!

Just keep being you, Milton.

7:37 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

"The vanity section." I like that.

I actually end up paying more attention to the comments than the sidebar links. If I read a good comment, I usually follow the link from there.

8:13 AM, January 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton,

I am just honored that you read our blog and that you continue to encourage us via comments, emails, etc. We are happy no matter what list or section we are in. Truthfully, we are blessed that you include us, so thanks.

Stay strong, be couragous, and serve God in all things.

8:54 AM, January 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton Stanley! You did it. I'm proud of you for following your call! email me! Amy K. a1k/

2:29 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, Mike. That makes me feel good, brother.

8:01 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

I hadn't stop to think of it, Kim, but I pay more attention to comments than to sidebar links, too.

8:04 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Frank, Swap Blog is one of my few daily reads, and it's one of my favorites, whether it's on the F&F list or not. Thanks for your encouragement once again. Peace.

8:06 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Anonymous: Your whole e-mail address didn't make it through on the comments section, but I think you're the ALK I know from ORNL. I'll try to e-mail you with the address you had back in the Footprint days. Thanks for stopping by.

8:08 PM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home