Tuesday, June 20, 2006

"The Gospel, straight up"

At Gratitude and Hoopla, Bob reminds us that the celebratory side of worship and discipleship has a dark underside if overdone:
So you might think I’m suffering from a little happy-clappy overload, but that’s not really the problem. I can be as happy-clappy as anyone. But I have this nagging feeling that week after week we’re simply not hitting the mark, nor even aiming at the right target. Something is missing. A plain-spoken sense of our own inadequacy, and Christ’s all-sufficiency. The Gospel, straight up. My need, and God’s provision in the cross of Christ.
Thanks, Bob, for once again reminding us of the centrality of the cross.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Williams said...

Great quote, Milton! I tried to follow the link, but it didn't work for me. You might want to double check it.

Hope all is well with you! -bill

8:18 AM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks, Bill, not only for your encouragement, but for you help! Peace.

8:38 AM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home