Friday, January 18, 2008

The A-list: Friends and encouragers

To conclude this week's third-anniversary list of blogs that most influence this one, I want to list a few friends and encouragers. Some of their blogs may focus on issues that don't get linked here very often, but to varying degrees they are all friends and encouragers to me. Several of the bloggers listed here, by the way, even put their money where their keyboards were in the days when a congregation I preached for couldn't afford to pay me themselves. Most of these folks are not only find bloggers; they're kind human beings.

The Bluefish Project
. Dave Bish has been reading my blog for years, and he really seems to be paying attention. In preparing this list, by the way, I was surprised to see that somewhere along the line BF had fallen off my blogroll; it's fixed now.

Blogotional. John Schroeder is not reluctant to express his opinion. And praise God for it.

Danno's Dangerous Mind. It's hard to say what I like most about Dan Horwedel's blog. It may our similar beliefs, temperaments, musical tastes, occupations, hobbies, and life stages. Other than that, we have practically nothing in common.

Eternal Perspectives/The Lord of the Kingdom. Mike Russell has been fairly quiet online lately, but when he has something to say, it's worth reading. Mike's a Christian, a thinker, and he loves Tolkien's work. What more could you ask for?

Floydville. Doug Floyd first introduced me to blogging. He's a gifted writer who's had a lot to write about the past couple of years.

Pastor Jon's Blog/Laboring in the Lord. Jon has been one of my most faithful readers at Milton's (not so) Daily Dose and a frequent commenter both here and there.

The Pastor's Buzz. Journalist and minister Buzz Trexler helped give me the confidence to become a professional writer 20 years ago. It's encouraging to keep in touch with him through blogging.

RazorsKiss. Joshua's was one of the first blogs I discovered, and one of the first to link back to TS.

Scotwise. To quote him as little as I do, I greatly appreciate John's kindness and encouragement. His blog, by the way, is exactly two days younger than mine. Please stop by and wish John a happy blogiversary.

Sublime Transition. Nancy is a faithful reader and commenter.

Swap Blog/Blogwatch. The anonymous SWAP Blog admin is as dear a friend as I can imagine having online. Of course, we've also had the pleasure of breaking bread together face-to-face, and he put his back where his modem was by helping me move furniture from Tennessee to Virginia. He's as kind and encouraging in person as he is on the web.

Sycamore. Brian Colmery hasn't written much lately. I suppose the rigors of real-life ministry are keeping him away. I've always enjoyed his writing.

Timeless Text Messages. Carla is another one of my most faithful readers and commenters, especially at MDD.

Windows to My Soul. Vicki Gaines and her husband have faced severe medical issues lately, but Vicki's writing is full of love and grace.

I've left off several, like Peter Bogert, who haven't posted in a while, and I fear that here and on earlier lists I've overlooked others whose work I've long enjoyed, like Chris Meirose, Terry Pruitt, and Keith Plummer. And I haven't re-mentioned those blogging friends and supporters who already appeared on earlier lists.

I appreciate all of you for the work you do on your own sites and the encouragement you've given me here over the past three years.

21 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

I'm honored to be on your A-list, Milton. Maybe someday I'll get a link on your sidebar. ;)

Peace to ya, my friend!

11:12 AM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger RazorsKiss said...

Thanks for the kind words :D I'm not much of a blogger anymore, but I'm always encouraged when you remember me, and keep up with me!

12:02 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Whoops. That looks like another one of those between-the-cracks things. Consider yourself linked.

12:05 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're quite welcome, Joshua, and it's good to hear from you. Peace.

12:06 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Chris Meirose said...

I too appreciate the link and the mention, and of course your comments and prayers!

Big Chris

12:39 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you. I had noticed I'd fallen off the blogroll but didn't want to say anything :) Keep your quality blogging coming, consistently essential reading.

1:17 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Anytime, Big Chris! I'll be praying for you this Sunday. Peace.

1:41 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Sorry about that, Dave, but glad to have you back. And thanks for your kind words.

1:42 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger KP said...

Milton, thanks so much for the kind mention. I'm glad to know that in some way I've been an encourager to you as you are to me.

3:08 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger John said...

Milton, thank you for the kind comments, its very encouraging, and its appreciated.

Be encouraged.
GBYAY

3:27 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're welcome, KP.

4:30 PM, January 18, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're welcome, John. Peace.

4:30 PM, January 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milton, thanks for the mention. You are a tireless promoter of quality pastoral blogging. I have changed to a self hosted Wordpress for Laboring In The Lord. Would you change the link so it points to http://laboringinthelord.com. Thank you so much. Blog on! Bless you my brother.

7:24 AM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger Michael Russell said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:19 AM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger Michael Russell said...

Milton:

Thanks, Milton. Given how infrequently I post these days, I'm surprised that anyone remembers my blog!

Still hoping to get together one day. Perhaps the next time I'm in PA? I was last there around, oh, 30 years ago!

(Sorry 'bout deleting the earlier comment - I thought I'd best change names to say thanks.)

9:26 AM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're welcome, Mike. And you're also welcome in my home next time you visit the Philadelphia area. Peace.

10:35 AM, January 19, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

The links are corrected now, Jon. Peace.

10:37 AM, January 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Milton, there is no nicer blog that deserves to make it 3 years. You are a great encourageer to us and the rest of the web as well.

We are honored to make the A list. Sorry we are late to getting a comment up thanking you for the hodor, but I am just getting back online after a long week and weekend. It has been quick blogging for me the last few weeks.

Anyway, thanks for making us a A list blog, at least here, and for being a great encouragement to us as well as a great friend on and offline.

9:14 AM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thanks much, friend.

2:19 PM, January 21, 2008  
Blogger Sista Cala said...

I have found some great reads in your A-lists. Thanks for including me even though I have strayed a bit from my original format. I didn't think I would get into the blog-ring scene nor the tag stuff; but I have dabbled in it a bit. Hope to get back to some serious writing soon.

Again, I appreciate your work here and over at the Not so daily dose.

10:20 PM, January 23, 2008  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

You're welcome. Glad you found some things you liked, and all the best for your blogging. Thanks for your kind words.

10:47 PM, January 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home