Friday, July 23, 2010

Funereal note

I don't often post much personal information on this blog, but then again I don't often wake to find my father dead in his bed. He had been living with my wife, sons, and me since four years ago, when his Alzheimer's disease became too severe for him to keep living alone. We're sad to see him go, but we give thanks that he is now at rest.

My father, H.G. Stanley, was a veteran of the Manhattan Project in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, where he helped build the first atomic bomb and win the war against Japan. Today it's probably not politically correct to mention such things, but I give thanks for him and all those (including my late mother), who served our native land with distinction during World War 2.

I look forward with hope and anticipation to that time when we may join him and all the saints of God in the great day of resurrection. In the mean time, we mourn. I hope to be back with you again here soon.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Milton,

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

5:05 PM, July 23, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. Grace 2U at this difficult time.

5:59 PM, July 23, 2010  
Anonymous Jon Clayton said...

Milton, our prayers are with you. It is difficult for a man to lose his dad, even when they are both born again.

6:37 PM, July 23, 2010  
Blogger james said...

God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

8:46 PM, July 23, 2010  
Anonymous John Schroeder said...

Prayers and blessings to you Milt

9:39 PM, July 23, 2010  
Blogger Royce Ogle said...

So sorry brother. May God's peace be your during these days of grief.

Royce

11:31 PM, July 23, 2010  
Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Blessings and the comfort of His Holy Spirit to you and those you love.

8:48 PM, July 25, 2010  
Blogger David Wayne said...

Hi Milton - sorry I haven't corresponded with you much lately but I do want to take this opportunity to send condolences and assure you of my prayers. I trust that our Brother, the man of sorrows, will be with you in this time of sorrow, and comfort you during the rest of your days here in the shadowlands, awaiting the time of your reunion with your dad in the presence of Jesus.

4:19 PM, July 26, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am sorry for your loss. My God grant you an abundance of grace. My prayers are with you.

12:35 PM, July 27, 2010  
Blogger Sista Cala said...

praying for you and yours at this time.

9:06 PM, July 29, 2010  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Thank you, dear brothers and sisters in Christ, for your kind words. Thank you, especially, for lifting the names of me and my family before the Lord in prayer. It's been a tough week, but I am confident the burden has been eased as a result of God's answers to the prayers of those who love us. Praise him.

7:16 AM, July 30, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home